系统/数值策划专家/Principal Game Designer (Systems) - R&DO.Shanghai Games Studio
Job Id: REQ-0004761
As a Game Designer, you will design, tweak, and optimize the player experience. Your analytical skills, player insight, and creativity help craft in- and out-of-game experiences that engage and surprise players. You will collaborate with interdisciplinary teams and work with every tool at hand to create and iterate player-focused designs that will delight millions around the world.
As a Principal Game Designer (Systems) in Research & Development working on an early-stage product, you will help decipher one of Riot’s next big bets. You will partner with other designers, artists, and engineers to improve and iterate player-focused designs that aim at delivering a groundbreaking experience. We are still a small team, so this requires plenty of hands-on work creating, and tuning systems/mechanics. You are comfortable operating in an ambiguous environment where goals and constraints are mostly team-driven and where change, big and small, is an essential part of the process. You will report to the executive producer on the team.
- Design systems that delight and satisfy players' needs for competition
- Work with other disciplines to build features that meet product goals
- Create and provide multiple potential designs and solutions. Articulate trade-offs and risks between different options.
- Complete the design of the system in the prototype stage independently, including in-game implementation and verifications of certain innovative
- Work with the executive producer to complete the basic framework of the game
- Work on the product to pass the green light of a prototype and move to the next stage
- Communicate and work closely with the narrative and combat designers, so that combined combat, narratives with the system numerical, rather than just isolated system
- Plan on long term games experiences, strive to polish the playability of the game
- 6+ years of experience in professional Game Design
- Passionate in games and belief in players' experience first
- Deep research on roguelike games, good at designing build experiences with high playability
- Have an in-depth understanding of role-based simulation management, and be able to establish mathematical models that conform to cognition
- Have in-depth experience in numerical/system design of hero collection games
- Can create and improve complex systems with attention to the player impacts and downstream effects
- Experience working on a game in early stage and prototype design
- Enjoy the uncertainty of early-stage exploring
- Work under delayed gratification, be patient and pursue excellence
- Deep level of understanding of narratives, and cooperation with narrative designers to emerge narratives to systems, rather than design the isolated systems