Strategy Manager, SEA
Job Id: REQ-0004660
Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends, Wild Rift, VALORANT, Legends of Runeterra experience, and beyond! We’re looking for passionate professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently and aren’t afraid to experiment. That's where you come in.
With our goal to be the most player-focused company in the world, the Singapore Publishing hub works closely with Riot’s various Game teams, Esports teams, Entertainment and Enterprise teams to deliver unrivaled hyperlocal experiences across Riot products for our players across the globe.
The Singapore Publishing hub oversees key markets across the APAC region, including Singapore, Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau, Japan and India. As a Singapore Rioter, you’ll join an internationally and culturally diverse team of professionals that share our obsession with player experience.
That's where you come in.
As a Strategy Manager on the Publishing Operations team for APAC, you will drive strategic analyses of diverse problems, incubate and drive special projects, achieve operational excellence, and foster progress and growth. Reporting to the Head of Publishing Operations, you will be a trusted adviser, providing counsel and serving as a sounding board to inform and, if necessary, challenge decisions; applying both inside and outside perspectives. You will promote fact-based decision making and drive strategic projects from concept to delivery. The ideal candidate has experience leading business case development, project management skills and the ability to partner with diverse stakeholders.
You will join as a Singapore Rioter on the Publishing Operations team. Our team acts as the connective issue across the various departments of APAC, providing Strategic Advisory and Strategic Project Management, Insights, and Development Management. We’re an interdisciplinary group of data analysts, consultants and strategists from all sorts of backgrounds who join together to drive business performance and advocate for players across the region.
- Develop and incubate strategic projects that drive business performance and player value
- Manage and execute high impact projects addressing multiple dimensions of strategy, including where to play (e.g. evaluating markets), how to win (e.g. go-to-market strategies), and operating models (e.g. decision making and accountability structures)
- Work closely with other departments in analyzing data and strategic issues, developing hypotheses and establishing project plans
- Provide strategic advisory and support to all other APAC teams
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and market macro shifts to be considered and evaluated to make more data informed decisions
- BA/BSc in Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Accounting & Finance or a related discipline
- Experience leading complex efforts with multiple collaborators from diverse disciplines, such as marketers, data analysts, human resources, etc.
- Advanced in Excel, PowerPoint and Tableau
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to present compelling messages to executive management, clients, peers and team members
- Experienced in modelling business cases & strategic projects and driving their creation
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor’s degree
- Passion for video games, and knowledge of esports and media marketplace
- Fluent in both English and an Asian language. Mandarin with Traditional Chinese is a strong advantage.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
It is the policy of Riot Games Services Pte. Ltd. and each of its affiliates (collectively, “Riot Games”) to provide equal employment opportunities for employees and applicants for employment. Riot Games does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, religion, marital status, family responsibilities, disability, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by the laws of your jurisdiction.