Staff Data Scientist - League of Legends, Data
Job Id: REQ-0004770
As Riot continues to deliver games and content to our passionate players, our Data discipline has challenges and opportunities centered on crafting, building, and maintaining data products that support the organization's growth. Whether you are a Data Scientist building machine learning and AI models, a Data Engineer bringing scale and efficiency to systems, or a Software Engineer developing data systems as part of our live games, we need you to help push forward our "Player Experience First" aspirations.
As a Data Scientist on the League Data Central team and reporting to the Data Science Manager for League Studio, you will advocate for and build data products to support our games and functions. The League Data Central team is the hub for all Data Science and Data Engineering for League Studio games including League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, and Wild Rift. The team collaborates on cross-functional projects that range from in-game features to content design to infrastructure. In a world of high-volume data, you will develop products that bring personalized experiences to players, optimize our strategy, and refine in-game features.
- You will collaborate with team leadership, leading the execution and delivery of data products that advance company-wide initiatives
- You will develop relationships with product and engineering teams to understand their data science needs
- You will identify opportunities for data-driven approaches that deliver value to teams across the organization, and champion data solutions to product leads and engineers
- You will work with stakeholders across the organization and on initiatives, gathering requirements, designing project plans, determining approaches, and defining success criteria
- You will continually improve our data science practice by identifying novel techniques and technical approaches
- You will act as a mentor to advise and level up data scientists in both data science and technical best practices
- Ph.D. in Machine Learning, AI, Statistics, Math, or related Computer Science/Quantitative field with 3+ years of industry experience, or equivalent experience (i.e., M.S. with 4+ years of relevant experience, or B.S. with 6+ years of relevant experience)
- Experience leading the development of production-quality data products in Python and SQL
- Knowledge of data science methodologies, including machine learning, statistics, deep learning, optimization
- Experience with data science use cases and data engineering concepts (e.g., modeling, pipelines, distributed processing)
- Stakeholder management skills, including building alignment, defining scope, delivering, and effectively maintain data science products
- Effective communication skills, including presenting and sharing information with audiences across a wide array of technical expertise and seniority
Desired Qualifications :
- Experience with data science for eCommerce and personalization systems
- Familiarity with monetizations strategies in the gaming industry
- Experience with Spark and big data tech (e.g., Hadoop)
- Experience with cloud data tools (AWS, GCP)
- Experience working in an Agile environment
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).