3D Technical Generalist - Shanghai Game Studio
Job Id: REQ-0004792
拳头公司成立于 2006 年，负责开发，发行，以及支持全球玩家凝聚力最紧密的游戏。2009 年，我们推出了自己的第一款游戏 《英雄联盟》，赢得了全世界的广泛赞誉，此后这款游戏成为世界上玩得最多的PC游戏，并成为电竞爆炸性增长的关键驱动力。
作为一名 3D 主管，你是上海研发项目的早期成员，该项目专注于中国市场，与艺术总监和团队其他成员密切合作，你将成为专注于中国市场的研发团队的创始成员之一，并决定我们游戏未来的主题并达到产品管理层设立的目标和时间表。建立组织对我们研发项目的信心，并促进研发开发周期的有效进展。
我们希望你是一位技能广泛的 3D 艺术家，在游戏开发、推动 3D 模型制作和游戏探索方面拥有广泛而丰富的经验，具有能亲自上手的技能、创造性解决问题的能力，以及根据基于艺术和产品负责人设定的目标和时间表的快速迭代的能力。你会是快速原型设计和测试工作的主力军，与游戏设计师密切合作，以确保艺术和游戏原型满足产品和设计目标，并为玩家制定引擎内 3D 艺术和 Art Slice 原型的高标准 -稍后在预生产中进行测试。该角色的理想美术师是一位全面的 3D 美术师，具有创建角色、环境和各种引擎内原型的经验，这些原型优先考虑游戏性支柱和玩家体验，同时还展示了艺术风格和视觉质量的承诺。
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. We released League of Legends in 2009 which has since become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of Esports. With the release of Valorant, LoL: Wild Rift, Team-fight Tactics & Legends of Runeterra, Riot has now transformed into a multi-game studio, expanding our footprint in Asia and internationally in order to develop new games that can hyper-serve players globally.
As a 3D Generalist, you are an early member of a Research & Development-Shanghai project focused on the China market working closely with the Art Director and other members of the team to develop early game prototypes that define the promise of our game thesis, building organizational confidence in our R&D project & facilitating efficient progress through the R&D development cycle.
You are a broadly skilled 3D artist with diverse and considerable experience in game development, driving 3D prototyping and gameplay exploration efforts with hands-on craft skills, creative problem solving and fast iteration based on goals and timelines set by Art & Product leadership. You are the workhorse behind rapid prototyping and testing efforts, partnering closely with game designers to ensure art & gameplay prototypes that meet product & design goals and also counted on to set a high bar for in-engine 3D art and Art Slice prototypes for player-testing in pre-production later on. The ideal artist for this role is a well-rounded 3D artist with experience creating characters, environments and various in-engine prototypes that prioritize gameplay pillars and player experience while also showcasing the promise of the art style and visual quality.
- Create block-in models and placeholder assets to help achieve R&D prototype goals, working closely with game designers to ensure Art that supports the core gameplay experience, rapidly iterating and testing as necessary.
- Explore and define asset creation workflows that allow for rapid content creation and iteration alongside gameplay prototyping goals, informing tools and technical requirements.
- Create benchmark 3D assets and high-bar in-engine art prototypes that meet pre-production requirements and can be used for player labs testing to build internal confidence.
- Define early asset creation pipelines with your understanding of optimized low poly asset creation such as modular kits & placeholder assets to take into account efficiency, speed, and cross dependencies
- Work with a variety of materials from hand-painted diffuse textures to PBR workflows that require simple shaders and lighting.
- Interpret and push concept designs to the next level while taking into account technical and design constraints such as draw calls, poly counts, texture memory limits, and gameplay boundaries
- Partner with Tech-artists & engineers to drive cross-disciplinary collaboration to ensure that all assets are appropriately optimized, as well as stable workflows that are flexible and sustainable.
- 6+ years professional experience in senior art roles
- Professional 3D craft experience and a portfolio that showcases high-quality artwork as well as proven efficacy with 3D pipelines
- Professional experience working in Maya, Photoshop, and Z-Brush
- Multiple shipped mobile or AAA game titles
- Experience with Unity and/or Unreal, game development cycles from prototype to ship.
- Experience & interest in Social Simulation games.
- Experience working on a game at any phase prior to launch, especially on mobile platforms
- Experience with the full game development cycle from prototype to shipping/live
As a part of the application process, you will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of work and may be asked to complete an art test.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).