Release Manager II (CCR) - Riot Game Operations, Compliance & Release
Job Id: REQ-0004809
A Release Manager II in Riot Game Operations, you will be responsible for driving consistent submissions against the company’s defined compliance tasks on console and mobile platforms across a series of projects and game teams.
An experienced Release Manager, you will partner with Compliance and Certification groups to help create an unified compliance experience across Riot and work across teams to ensure content submission and approval timelines meet release schedules.
The Release Manager II is also responsible for leading the creation, education, and adoption of new tools and systems required for set up and submission to 1st Party platforms. You will establish processes to build knowledge of these platform guidelines and best practices, and ensure our Games Teams are equipped to build these requirements into their products for successful launch and release.
As part of a motivated team providing coordinated First Party release support in Central Release Operations, you will manage the delivery of materials to all platform partners across all titles. This includes building relationships with 1st parties, vendors, and mentoring product teams in understanding certification requirements, as well as regular communication on status, risks, and change control.
Cross-team coordination, collaboration, and project management skills are essential.
- Own the Release Criteria process across Riot ensuring features are shipped to our players with the highest regard for player focused quality.
- Program manage the 1st Party submission process across all titles and platforms.
- Build launch readiness standards to establish a predictable scalable process so our customers are set up for success at every stage leading up to release.
- Partner with QA Certification and Age Ratings groups to lead the education and adoption of new tools and systems required for successful release on 1st Party platform holders (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Epic, Apple, Google, and more).
- Engage with Games Teams to establish First Party submission schedules and maintain a complete understanding of all product schedule dependencies.
- 1st Party interactions, including updating 1st Parties on potential submission date changes and/or responding to inquiries related to submissions, and more.
- Communicate platforms’ submission portals, integration and SDKs, and certification requirements changes to Game Teams, Certification Team, and other key stakeholders to reduce portfolio risks that may affect release scope.
- Proactively manage risks and resolve issues that may impact release scope, schedule and quality. Analyze these risks and define future mitigation efforts.
- Be the subject matter expert for submissions, product setup, and/or 1st Party compliance, calling out roadblocks before they occur and mitigate release risks.
- Scenario plan with internal and external teams to ensure that planned features or functionality are achievable or work to provide viable alternatives.
- Communicate to management, and alert when processes are compromised, product releases are at risk, and/or submissions have failed.
- Generate detailed workflow documentation that will allow other release managers, Game Teams, testers, and other key stakeholders to better understand the submission process, configurations, and promote consistency of platform requirements.
- Collaborate with peers to continuously improve our release management processes so 1st Party submissions are as efficient as possible and result in high quality releases with minimal negative impact to players.
- At least 4 years as a release manager where you have shipped at least two games in a organization
- Strong background in project management, organizational skills and time management to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with attention to detail
- Success developing productive working relationships with both functional and technical colleagues, external partners, and team members
- Managed build submissions to 1st parties for multi-platform games globally
- Experience with 1st party developer portal sites, SDKs and tools
- Experience in game development and publishing
- Customer-focused (game teams, other internal stakeholders, and our players)
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward release milestones and task completion
- Experience enabling change in a high velocity environment
- Experience managing the launch of games across Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo
- Familiarity with App Store Connect, Google Play Console, and other 1st party submission tools
- Experience with TRC, TCR and NSG (Lotcheck) guidelines
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology and project management software such as JIRA, Trello, Airtable, etc
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.