Lead UX Designer - Player Platform, Web Experiences
Job Id: REQ-0003107
As player-focused UX Designers at Riot, we are responsible for design work in high-scope product areas that are complex and ambiguous. Our work includes end-to-end experience design, often spanning multiple features and teams. We work from concept through development, participate in agile product development, and partner closely with Visual Design, Research, Product, and Engineering to achieve our goals.
Are you excited by design systems, web technologies, and the chance to improve the Riot experience for millions of players? As the Lead User Experience Designer for our Player Platform Web Experiences team, you’ll shape a cohesive and exciting vision for players across all of our web-facing experiences, including individual products like code redemption and cross-platform features like our Riot Bar. You’ll partner closely with our Commerce team on new web-facing initiatives, consult with teams working on our five-year vision, and work with multiple game and publishing teams to help improve the consistency and quality of our web experiences across Riot. You will report to the Director of User Experience on Player Platform.
- Leading UX design for our Web Experiences initiative, operating as a part of team leadership.
- Synthesizing Riot’s existing body of player knowledge and insights from Design, Research, and customer support to inform design decisions.
- Mentoring junior designer(s) on Web Experiences as they work on specific features.
- Partnering with Research to plan and execute customer outreach, or orchestrating your own customer outreach activities.
- Delivering appropriate level of design artifacts for the team (e.g. strategy, research results, journey maps, flows, wireframes, and/or prototypes).
- Communicating data-informed vision and design rationale to the team and stakeholders.
- Actively participating in the Riot UX community, seeking and providing feedback on your work and processes.
- 5+ years experience designing digital experiences, products, and platforms as a User Experience Designer or Interaction Designer
- Proficient with Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch or other industry design and prototyping tools
- Experience designing and releasing consumer web experiences (responsive desktop + mobile)
- A professional portfolio with examples of your past work.
- Experience with Figma
- Familiarity with or experience designing web experiences for eCommerce, creator platforms, or the entertainment industry (movies, TV, video games, music, etc.)
We will review case studies of your past work as a part of the application process, so please provide a portfolio link or PDF (as a cover letter) with your application.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).