QA Engineer II - Player Platform, Web Experiences
Job Id: REQ-0004930
QA Engineers are analytical champions for quality, focused on testing extensively to ensure a holistic understanding of Riot’s projects. They create test plans and evaluate both the functional and subjective caliber of projects for a Riot development team. As every project is different, they listen and improve, to put the players and their team first, and to solve ambiguous and complex problems. Most importantly, it’s their passion and love for quality that ensures that QA Engineers help us level up and innovate on our processes, giving players the best experiences while playing our games.
As a QA Engineer II on the Web Experience team, you'll help us build amazing web experiences across several products including Accounts and Identity, Web Stores, and Platform tooling, to name a few. By being a champion of holistic quality and reducing product/team risks, you’ll help the Web Experiences team deliver and maintain globally distributed products that serve millions of players. Your work will help create a cohesive multi-platform experience that powers all games at Riot.
You will report to the QA Supervisor of Player Platform.
- Promote creation and execution of a team-level quality strategy in partnership with QA Leadership
- Work with Product Owner and team members to understand user stories and inform quality decisions
- Reduce product risks through confirmation and regression testing
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of automated tests
- Work with the team to define test processes, methodologies, and work systems that improve product quality
- Escalate risks and quality concerns to product leadership
- Handle communication related to test status with all partners
- Guide external partner teams, overseeing and auditing their work
- Manage the defect database for the team, setting and enforcing best practices
- Create test plans, test cases, and establish the structure and rhythm of testing
- Improve on methods of test execution at the team-level
- Actively participate in product design and feedback
- 3+ years of software QA experience
- Experience testing backend systems and services
- Experience with strategic goal setting
- Experience in an Agile work environment
- Comfortable with deep-dive investigations and testing complex technical systems
- Experience with API development and test tools (Swagger, Postman)
- Experience with test automation tools (Jest/Cypress/Selenium)
- Experience with cloud based automation pipelines (Jenkins)
- Experience with Perforce and Git
- ISTQB Foundation Level Certification
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).