Senior Manager, QA - Developer Platform
Job Id: REQ-0005025
As a Senior QA Manager, you will manage Quality Assurance professionals who work with software engineers, content developers, project managers, and producers to create value for Players around the world. You will be guided by Riot's Test Policy to develop quality activities for every stage of the software development life cycle. Additionally, you will partner with your team and other craft leaders to arrive at more efficient solutions to everyday problems and improve delivery. You will also direct and task other QA professionals, often remotely to get your work completed.
As a Senior QA Manager on the Developer Platform Initiative supporting Player Platform, you will help Riot lead testing and ongoing delivery of central SDK, plugins, and delivery functions supporting Riot's AAA titles. You will work directly with developers and leadership to support testing activities across all disciplines. You will also ensure the production of all test coverage within your product space and manage test, telemetry, and defect data and report on product quality. With your test automation experience, you will help explore test automation solutions for the Developer Platform teams. You will manage the testing professionals who will execute the QA strategy you define across the teams, guiding their careers as they grow within Riot.
You will report to the QA Director of Player Platform
- Manage QA & SDET professionals working across multiple software teams
- Hold teams accountable for upholding quality and player impact as an factor in decisions
- Identify, interview, and hire QA professionals to help our teams scale
- Set and guide testing strategies throughout the software development life cycle
- Report on metrics using data to guide action for your team
- Identify risks, impact, probability, and plan mitigation
- Be trusted and expected to be the voice of the Player and Customer
- Identify and drive test automation opportunities within the initiative in partnership with Engineering
- 8+ years Quality Assurance Experience, with 3+ years leading QA teams
- 2+ years managing QA professionals in an embedded environment
- Experience leading teams within backend system and SDK development
- Experience with product development pipelines and workflows
- Experience with strategic goal setting, tactical execution
- Experience working with remote testing teams
- Experience working with test automation and tooling solutions
- Experience managing QA professionals and process in an embedded environment
- Experienced in SDK testing
- Experience as an SDET, Software Engineer, or QA Architect
- Experience with API development and test tools (Swagger, Postman)
- Experience with test automation tools (ReadyAPI/SoapUI)
- Experience with Perforce and Git
- I/ASTQB Foundation Level
- I/ASTQB Agile Tester or ICAgile Agile Testing (ICP-TST)
- I/ASTQB Advanced Test Manager
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).