Sr. Production Manager - Wild Rift, Personalization
Job Id: REQ-0004978
As a Development Manager, you’ll lead passionate cross-functional teams in crafting creative content and incredible experiences for players around the world. By encouraging teams to collaborate, you’ll drive development, smashing through obstacles and driving products into players’ hands. You’ll exceed expectations by helping concept, deliver, improve, and influence creative projects at every stage of production.
As a Senior Manager in Production on League of Legends: Wild Rift’s Personalization Initiative, you’ll report into the Senior Director Of Operations on Wild Rift. As the initiative delivery lead for the team, you will deliver on art content and features such as Champions, skins, turntables, events, and goodies. As well as the experiences for players to receive the aforementioned content. You will ensure your team places a high value on delivering the product using sustainable development practices, maintaining the health of the team. You will also ensure high-collaboration with our international development partners.
Your work will involve travel to China.
- Develop sustainable production work systems (rituals and artifacts) to ensure work is on track and plugs into product-level systems such as the roadmap or product backlog.
- Provide accurate visibility on the status and health of the production pipeline and highlight shortfalls or risks, and other forms of escalation with stakeholders.
- Manage and mentor direct reports to achieve excellence as delivery leads within the Personalization initiative.
- Continuously improve team health by identifying opportunities to define and refine how we work as a team.
- Collaborate with external partners on production planning to ensure priorities are clear and hold teams accountable to deliver scheduled commitments.
- 8+ years of working in game development, with experience in the full game development life cycle using a variety of development methodologies (Scrum, Lean, Waterfall, etc).
- Systems-based thinking, with a willingness to invest time to understand root cause analysis
- Strong negotiation skills, with a mix of patience and goal orientation to navigate complex cultural, technology and product requirements.
- Background in art (2D assets, 3D models, Rigging, Animation, VFX) or experience specifically working on art content teams
- Fluency in Mandarin
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.