Senior Business Development & Strategic Partnership Manager - Publishing
Job Id: REQ-0005130
Senior Business Development & Strategic Partnership Manager
For every global product and event produced by Riot Games, there are premiere partners that help us bring amazing experiences for our fans and live audience. These invaluable partners provide the resources and expertise that allow us to level-up the experience to millions of fans across the world. From weekly content pieces to the fan being flown to the World Finals to meet her heroes, our sponsors do it all. But they can’t do it alone, and that is where our Global Esports Business Development and Partnerships Team comes in. The Global Esports Business Development Team and Partnerships Team attracts, services and retains our partners, acting as brand ambassadors of Riot Games to external parties and as emissaries of our partners to our fans, pro players, and teams.
As a Senior Business Development & Strategic Partnership Manager, reporting directly to the Head of Global Business Development and Partnerships, you will be a part of the team that helps grow the commercialization efforts behind our biggest annual events. Your goal is to bring world-class partners into our ecosystem and driving long-term sustainability for the sports. You excel at evaluating business opportunities and identifying avenues through which to monetize high-quality content, experiences, and media through partnerships. You understand the value proposition for partners while keeping your finger on the pulse of what the Riot needs and what excites our fans, delivering a win-win-win for our partners, our community, and Riot.
- Manage your sponsorship sales funnel and pipeline
- Collaborate across disciplines to identify new business opportunities, technologies, and assets to build unique and valuable opportunities for partner integration
- Produce Esports global sponsorship offerings
- Be an essential point on partner proposals, from creative ideation and partnering with internal departments to proposal development and fielding incoming requests from the partner
- Maintain a deep and current understanding of esports, sports and entertainment industries
- 7+ years of experience in partnerships or business development, structuring, closing deals and building projects from creation through launch and ongoing execution
- Experience in partnerships and business development in gaming, sports, content distribution, or live entertainment
- Excellent relationship management, communication, and project management capabilities
- Excellent writing and sales collateral building skills
- Proven success rate with partnerships and deals (i.e. high renewal rates)
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players and fans, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.