Privacy Engineer II
Job Id: REQ-0005137
As a member of the Data Privacy team, you will play a key role in helping to define and operationalize privacy globally. This includes engaging with multiple stakeholders across the enterprise to help ensure compliant outcomes. You will be responsible for consulting with key stakeholders to drive alignment with global privacy regulatory requirements, including GDPR and CCPA.
In the execution of Riot’s global privacy obligations, you will rely heavily on your subject matter expertise, as well as your project management, analytical, and relationship building skills to develop and deploy innovative strategies for data protection.
The ‘day-to-day’ aspect of this role will be to work with technical and non-technical stakeholders to build out tooling to embed privacy into our products and features at Riot. You will work with engineering, product, and legal teams during product development to ensure that they protect privacy and mitigate risk. In addition to assisting other Riot teams, you will lead and manage proactive development of new privacy features and tools owned by the Data Privacy team.
- Guide the development of new privacy products and features.
- Work to align advanced technologies and Privacy by Design principles from the first stages of development and ensure that the data use meets established regulatory compliance needs.
- Collaborate with data product development teams creating new uses of data that employ privacy features.
- Analyze, design and program software enhancements for new data streams with a goal of developing technical solutions and systems to help mitigate privacy vulnerabilities and prevent potential future privacy risks.
- Interface with other developers and architects in implementing big data solutions that enable the business to be data driven while protecting the data assets.
- Interface with usability team to ensure user-facing privacy controls are usable
- Use data anonymization, pseudonymization and encryption to develop systems that preserve and improve privacy protections.
- Interacting with internal privacy program managers, product development teams, legal, compliance, governance and data protection teams.
- 3-5+ years of experience in privacy engineering, security engineering, systems architecture, or system development.
- 3+ years of experience in a related role and experience with concepts and practices such as threat modeling, risk identification, and data protection.
- Experience with privacy regulations including GDPR and CCPA
- Knowledge and understanding of privacy engineering, security engineering, authentication and authorization, cryptography, or application security.
- Understanding privacy frameworks and compliance requirements.
- Experience with privacy by design concepts and privacy engineering.
- Experience addressing issues related to customer and employee privacy and information security.
- Experience securing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
- Ability to understand privacy risks and explain them to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with big data technologies such as Spark
- Depth of experience with open source ETL frameworks such as Airflow, Luigi, or similar
- Proficient in using SQL and Python for processing data
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).