Staff Data Scientist - Riot Data Products, Fandom & Experiences
Job Id: REQ-0005092
As part of Riot's goal to become the entertainment company of the 21st century, the Fandom and Experiences Initiative within Riot Data partners with eSports, Entertainment, and Publishing to provide resonant content and memories to fans.
As a Staff Data Scientist in this Initiative, you can work on a diverse set of problems. Help build a safe and inclusive gaming experience through Natural Language Processing. Create a recommendation engine that delights eSports fans with their favorite team updates. Or use evolving machine learning techniques to defend the competitive integrity of our games against cheaters. No matter what you choose to focus on, you will work with engineers, scientists, and game designers across the company. You will report to the Senior Data Science manager within the Initiative.
- You will use machine learning to build products or inform decisions that directly improve the player or fan experience.
- By becoming a Subject Matter Expert in your domain, you will help establish the strategic product vision
- You will work with partners across the organization, gathering requirements, designing project plans, determining approaches, and defining success criteria
- You will improve our data science practice by identifying novel techniques and technical approaches
- You will mentor and advise data scientists in and technical best practices
- Ph.D. in Machine Learning, AI, Statistics, Math, or related Computer Science/Quantitative field, or equivalent experience (i.e., M.Sc. with over three years of relevant experience, or B.Sc. with over six years of relevant experience, etc.)
- Proficiency in Python and SQL.
- Expert using machine learning frameworks such as scikit-learn or Spark MLlib
- Experience developing and deploying machine learning models at scale.
- Effective at storytelling with data to a diverse and non-technical audience.
- Experience with Apache big-data platforms such as Spark and Airflow.
- Familiar with the AWS cloud.
- Experience working in an Agile environment
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).