Service Reliability Senior Administrator - Live Operations, NOC
Job Id: REQ-0005177
The Service Reliability Operations Center (NOC) manages the 24x7 monitoring and response of Riot's player-facing services. We are the first line of defense when things go wrong with any of our live services. We use technical familiarity with best-practice processes to fix incidents.
As a Senior Service Reliability Administrator you will report to the Service Reliability Operations Manager in LA. You will work within Live Operations and support Riot globally to establish excellent service reliability for our players. You will help diagnose and communicate potential issues to Rioters and the community, improving the quality of the player experience. You will be a craft expert in operational and triaging skills.
- Monitor the health of Riots many systems and be first responder or escalation point from the NOC to external teams.
- Triage incidents, document details for problem identification and investigation of live incidents
- Execute technical runbooks and maintain runbooks and knowledge articles
- Be a backup in coordination and release deployments
- Onboard new team members
- Contribute to project work with some guidance
- Organize with the team to address live incidents affecting our players and services
- 2+ years of Service Reliability Administration or equivalent role (Analyst, System Administrator, Live Operations, Network Administrator etc)
- Experience with incident management process, live operations and troubleshooting
- Familiarity with the core concepts of operating systems, networking, and software life cycles
- Experience with the following:
- Monitor solutions eg: NewRelic, Nagios, Elastic Search, Grafana
- Event management tools eg: BigPanda, Moogsoft
- ITIL-based Ticketing systems eg: ServiceNow, JIRA
- Computer Science/IT Systems/Information Technology degree or equivalent
- Scripting/programming proficiency
- Experience working on deployments in a live environment
- Certified in Linux+ and Network+, or equivalents
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).