Art Lead, Character Concept Art - Unpublished Fighting Game
Job Id: REQ-0005218
As a Character Concept Artist on Project L, you will bring Iconic Characters to the fighting game stage. Drawing inspiration from as little as a napkin sketch or as much as a full-blown narrative concept, you will generate ideas and craft designs that are resonant, compelling and iconic. As a problem solver, first and foremost, you will help come up with visual solutions for game concepts. As a lead member of the team, you will help mentor your fellow team members and continue to raise the quality bar at the studio.
Project L is Riot's League-IP take on a competitive fighting game. As an Art Lead, Character Concept Art on the Project L team, you’ll partner with the Art Director as you work across disciplines to help build foundational ideas and character concepts. You will also work collaboratively with designers, writers, and producers to bring the project's characters to life.
- Give existing League of Legends champs a fresh take for Project L and the fighting game community
- Craft detailed concept art for 3D artists and express character and story through the creation of your designs
- Explore creative solutions to establish a unique visual identity for the characters in the game
- Work with game designers to understand and fulfill the needs of gameplay
- Collaborate with the other artists on the team by providing and receiving creative/team feedback and providing clear creative goals and outcomes to your team
- Manage, mentor, and review the work of your team to meet quality expectations and performance standards
- 5+ years of professional experience working in concept art
- A portfolio consisting of exciting character designs, callouts, and turns
- Experience shipping at least one game title
- Experience working on a project from inception through completion
When submitting your application, please provide a portfolio of your high-quality character concept art - including stylized artwork. And as a part of the application process, you may also be asked to complete an art test.
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.