QA Engineer III, Tools + Gameplay - Team Fight Tactics
Job Id: REQ-0007570
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a QA Engineer III Tools + Gameplay, Team Fight Tactics, you will work with numerous disciplines to drive quality ownership across the software development life cycle, as well as helping to establish and execute team wide quality goals. It will be important for you to aggressively protect the player experience and deliver results in a high pressure, agile development environment. You will also be accountable as the quality owner of multiple areas of League of Legends and Team Fight Tactics, as well as identifying and implementing quality improvements to the team’s development process. Additionally, you may partner with and mentor remote QA teams to ensure features are delivered at a high quality bar. Lastly, you will Identify and mitigate risks to feature delivery and product quality and craft data to report on the quality of the product and update partners.
- Map your team's work to quality targets based on product goals, while driving visibility on progress
- Held fellow team members accountable for including quality as an essential factor in decision-making
- Conduct quality activities throughout the software development life cycle
- Report the metrics that matter, using data to guide action
- Help call out risks, impact, probability, and help plan mitigation
- Communicate progress of assigned tasks, and blockers to you and your team's work
- Help improve product pipelines and workflows
- You're trusted and expected to be the Voice of the Player
- 6+ years Software Quality Assurance Experience, with success leading testing efforts on a team
- 3+ years of experience testing service features or enterprise applications
- Experience using Appium or similar automation frameworks
- Experience handling multiple simultaneous projects and partners
- Experience building trusting relationships even in difficult, changing situations where there are shifts in priorities, partners, and project states
- Experience applying your expertise to solve systemic problems.
- Experience with Team Fight Tactics
- Experience tasking remote testers daily.
- ISTQB qualifications; i.e., Agile Tester/Expert level/Adv. Test Mgr.
- SCRUM/Agile qualifications
- Development/Test experience across several platforms; Mobile, Console, PC
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse, and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.