Staff Software Engineer - Tech Foundations, League Studio Game Engine Team
Job Id: REQ-0007553
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in many broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you'll work with both new and current technology, creating creative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to bring player value.
As a Staff Software Engineer on the Hextech Engine Foundations Team, you will develop against the foundations of the Hextech engine used in the development of League of Legends and Team Fight Tactics. The weight of the position requires collaboration with technology owners across all other game projects (gameplay mechanics, skin development, etc) to make sure we have a thoughtful set of tools and frameworks that developers can use. For this role, you'll report to the team's Engineering Manager. You will also partner with other teams and disciplines to ensure that your work improves the quality of life and effectiveness of those partners. Our platform is written in C++ that makes heavy use of the QT ecosystem for UI/UX and we also use Python for several utility needs.
- Work and align with different partners that span across multiple teams to ensure we're delivering awesome features to excite them
- Contributing to technical discussions/designs that your team oversees
- Own the software lifecycle for your code that includes [develop/test/deploy/maintain]ing frameworks, platforms, and tools
- Mentorship. You help junior Rioters develop the tools and creative atmosphere to shine
- Participate in the team's support rotation
- 6+ years of deep hands-on experiences with compiled programming languages (C/C++, Java, Go, or C#)
- Experience with C/C++ that spans several use-cases and platforms.
- Have been responsible for driving the development of several large-sized cross-team development efforts (6-month+ scope), including requirements gathering, planning, and testing.
- Maintained software development best practices within your organization that includes design/code reviews, coding standards, source control management, testing, delivery performance, scalability, and maintainability
- At least 2 years of experience in the video game industry that includes working within multiple game development pipelines (animation, VFX, environment, etc) and an example of a shipped game.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this could be your role!
Riot focuses on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy and other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
- (Los Angeles Only) Base salary range between $178,500.00 - $249,900.00 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
- (Bellevue only) Base salary range between $178,500.00 - $249,900.00 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.