Staff Systems Engineer - Developer Connections
Job Id: REQ-0007582
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
Developer Connections (DevCon) connects developers around the globe allowing them to reliably ship games. We sit at the intersection of Game Studios, R&D, and Central Tech allowing us to keep our fingers on the pulse of development at Riot. Our aim is to unblock teams so they can hit milestones for launching future games.
As a Staff Systems Engineer on DevCon, you set the technical and operational vision for our services. You use your expertise to determine architecture, guide build vs. buy decisions, and provide mentorship for other engineers on the team. You can switch context and tailor your approach to diverse audiences. You are a master of your craft able to dive into infrastructure, networking, or code to pursue the most efficient solution. You'll report to an Engineering Manager.
While no two days are the same on DevCon, we focus on the following offerings:
- Client delivery platform - ensuring continuous delivery of game clients across PC, mobile, and console
- Mobile test automation - providing games with reliable methods of compatibility and performance testing across devices
- Studio essentials - creating a globally unified approach for managing Riot's internal source control, artifact management, and build pipelines
- Game team collaboration - working with games teams to level up their delivery tech stack and foster collaboration with developers across partner companies
- Run the lifecycle of physical and virtual resources running on prem and in the cloud
- Provide expert knowledge to Riot engineering teams to help them improve their efficiency
- Teach, support, and guide other engineers to improve technical proficiency and establish lasting mentorship relationships
- Establish a technical roadmap to ensure our services can scale with Riot's growth
- 8+ years of experience
- Proficiency with Linux operating systems and concepts
- Proficiency with AWS
- Working knowledge of container orchestrators (ECS/EKS/K8S)
- Fluent with Ansible and Terraform
- Familiarity with Jenkins
- Experience developing monitoring and alerting solutions
- Comfortable with scripting languages such as Python, PowerShell, and Bash
- Familiarity with Git, Perforce, or other source control systems
- Proficiency with Windows operating systems and concepts
- Proficiency with Mac operating systems and concepts
- Proficiency with AWS EC2/VPC/EKS/S3/RDS infrastructure services
- Proficiency with Ansible & Terraform
- Experience with NewRelic products
- Proficiency with Python
- Experience working with Perforce and GitHub Enterprise
- Experience with Jenkins
- Experience with Artifactory
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
- (Los Angeles Only) Base salary range between $163,800.00 - $228,900.00 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.