Technical Product Manager II - China Games Operation
Job Id: REQ-0007634
As a Technical Product Manager, you’ll lead passionate cross-functional teams to create innovative internal and external tools that unlock Riot’s ability to deliver player value. By leading engineers, you’ll drive development, smash through obstacles, and push projects across the finish-line. You’ll meet and exceed expectations by helping concept, deliver, enhance, and influence projects at every stage of production. You’ll do all of this in service of an ambitious transformation of Riot’s company infrastructure into a highly adaptable, efficient and effective machine that multiplies Riot’s ability to deliver player value.
As a Technical Product Manager II on the China Games Operation Team, you design, deliver and improve products and services that help not only the game development team but also the operation team to confidently move faster and do more.
You will guide the product life cycle from start to finish and understand the intricate nuances of what the audience needs in game operation workflows, our goal is to achieve operational excellence at massive scale.
- Establish and refine the team's productional strategy in addition to driving the organization and delivery of the team's feature work
- Collaborate with game/feature teams working in the Ops tech space to develop and deliver workflow improvements and pave the way for more efficient operations
- Prioritize work for the team on an ongoing basis and make important on-the-ground calls to keep the team moving
- Run day to day team production operation and development processes for the team
- Improve work systems, team performance metrics, and goal setting
- Assess the team's health and composition to ensure that the team is set up for success
- Partner with the Engineering Manager and Technical Lead to develop the technical product vision and development strategy for the team
- Create and contribute ideas to areas beyond your immediate ownership across different teams and disciplines
- Fluency in Mandarin Chinese
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience with strong technical knowledge and problem-solving skills
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Producer, Product Manager, or Development Manager on medium to large teams working on complex technical problems
- Experience working as a delivery lead in combination with product management
- Experience setting product direction and driving execution of projects
- Experience applying Agile and Lean development processes and practices
- Experience working on live games or services operating at global scale
- Familiarity with game DevOps problems space- CI/CT/CD of game services, internal and external release management, multiregional and multilingual deployments, live service delivery pipelines
- Experience working with data engineering, analysis, and science functions
- Knowledgeable in agile ops
- Business fluency in Chinese and English, able to drive effective collaboration across language and culture
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
- (Los Angeles Only) Base salary range between $150,200.00 - $211,100.00 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
- (Bellevue only) Base salary range between $150,200.00 - $211,100.00 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.