Staff Security Engineer - Player Security, Information Security
Job Id: REQ-0007658
As a Security Engineer within Player Security you will be responsible for delivering features that will have a direct impact on the security of our players. Your efforts will be critical to making our accounts and wider service ecosystem more resilient against attacks and exploits. You will be partnering with other teams in cross-discipline projects to design and implement new services and improvements that will ensure a safe and secure gaming experience for our players.
The ideal candidate would have prior experience developing security services for product ecosystems.
- Collaborate with other engineering, data and security teams to improve existing services or build new ones!
- Design and build internal tools that will allow us to detect bad actors within Riot's ecosystem
- Lead and contribute to technical design, decision-making and implementation
- Deliver high quality scalable security services for millions of players!
- Mentorship of other engineers on the team
- 6-8 years of security engineering experience or security-focused software development
- Experience working with containerized workloads (preferably k8s)
- Experience working with AWS cloud services
- Familiarity working in an agile environment
- Strong ability to collaborate with teammates across multiple disciplines
- Experience with OAuth 2.0 development
- Experience working with large datasets and building analytics to identify, understand and solve problems
- Prior experience developing security services for product ecosystems.
- Familiarity with online multiplayer gaming ecosystems
- Familiarity with C++
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.