Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
As a Tokyo Rioter, you'll join a smaller but dedicated team of Rioters committed to being the most player-focused game company in the world. You'll share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and maniacal passion for gaming. Rioters in Tokyo are driven to deliver unique player experiences that show Japan players they aren't lost in translation.
That's where you come in.
As a Senior Accountant, your accurate and timely work in general ledger will ensure that we keep the lights on, the servers humming and the games launching. You'll be a key financial expert, tracking and managing important fiscal info and communicating your findings with Rioters from all disciplines. You're able to efficiently digest and compute high volumes of data, which helps you meet tight deadlines and simultaneously manage multiple money-related projects.
- A self-starter: you proactively prioritize tasks and raise red flags when signs of danger appear; when the wind shifts and schedules start to slide, you quickly reorient yourself and identify which teams need repairs
- A team player: while you're a capable self-manager, your natural verve and sense of fun help you thrive as part of a team; you enjoy collaborating and brainstorming with team members, especially on concepts and ideas where you've got a lot to learn
- An erudite veteran: you've secured a bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics and notched at least four years' experience in public or corporate accounting
- Honest and accountable: you know integrity is the name of the game in the financial world and always keep a crisp pair of white gloves on hand for wrangling sensitive data with discretion
- A modeling prodigy: you easily navigate three-statement financial models with excel and SQL like it's the layout to your childhood home and are equally comfortable with basic accounting concepts; you easily translate high-level input and ideas into financial or operating models
- Comfortable with ambiguity: you are comfortable moving between projects and facing the uncertain because risk and change motivates you to evolve and innovate
- Player-focused: you are obsessed with the audience and your love of numbers is only second in comparison to your love of play and how you impact player lives
- Multilingual: you're fluent in both English and Japanese; you didn't learn these languages in a cultural vacuum and can pick up nuances that could mean the difference between being very polite or extremely rude
- Reconciling of general ledger accounts, taking special care to research and resolve discrepancies
- Maintain month-end reporting schedules, complying with Riot's accounting policies
- Collaborating with teammates across international offices
- Create special reports by studying variances, preparing budgets, and developing forecasts
- Participate in all activities related to full-cycle accounting
- Mentor and manage external accounting firms, vendors, clerks, contractors
- You understand that clear communication is the key to strong team building, and work hard to create a candid, collaborative environment that transcends borders and time zones
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.