Senior Software Engineer (Artist Tools) - League of Legends, Personalization
Software Engineers at Riot bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas and also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. We work with both new and current technology, creating innovative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to deliver player value.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the League of Legends Player Immersion & Expression (PIE) team, you will report into the team's engineering manager. On this team, you'll create UI / UX tools for artists, build plugins to enhance digital content creation (DCC) packages such as Maya, Photoshop, and 3DS Max, standardize content metadata across systems, and build processes to integrate content into the game. Content is core to the League experience. You will work with artists to develop tools and workflows that enhance the content that we provide to our players. The PIE Content Tech Operations team builds and evolves the content creation pipeline and tools that allow content creators -- including Character Artists, Riggers, Animators, VFX Artists, Illustrators, and Audio Designers -- to create content efficiently and sustainably.
- Build artist tools and DCC tool plugins that raise the quality of League content.
- Work with artists to prototype new visual features for existing and new content types
- Level up the UI/UX of existing art tools and processes
- Gather requirements, design architecture, implement code features, and perform code reviews
- Collaborate with production, art, and engineering discipline leads to develop the long-term vision and strategies for building and automating content creation pipelines
- Support artists, internal and out-sourced, in their art workflows; identifying patterns and inefficiencies in those processes, and implementing data-informed solutions
- Provide mentorship to technical artists and engineers
- 3+ years of experience as a tools engineer building UI/UX artist tools and plugins
- Expertise in C++
- Experience with technical design, programming, and CS fundamentals
- Experience identifying inefficiencies in artist tools and workflows, and creating solutions to eliminate these inefficiencies
- Experience with profiling and addressing performance
- Experience with artist tools such as Maya, PhotoShop, 3D Studio Max, Wwise
- Experience with Python
- Experience with Lua scripting
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).