Senior Systems Engineer - Developer Connections
Developer Connections (DevCon) connects developers around the globe allowing them to reliably ship games. We sit at the intersection of Game Studios, R&D, and Central Tech allowing us to keep our fingers on the pulse of development at Riot. Our aim is to unblock teams so they can hit essential milestones for launching future games.
As a Senior Systems Engineer on DevCon, you have a passion for automation and the corresponding delight a well-designed system brings to your customer. You're equally comfortable with deploying and operating software at production scale and working 1:1 with developers to troubleshoot their issues. You are a master of your craft able to dive into infrastructure, networking, or code in pursuit of the most efficient solution. You'll report to an Engineering Manager.
While no two days are the same on DevCon, we focus on the following offerings:
- Client delivery platform - ensuring continuous delivery of game clients across PC, mobile, and console
- Mobile test automation - providing games with reliable methods of compatibility and performance testing across devices
- Studio essentials - creating a globally unified approach for managing Riot's internal source control, artifact management, and build pipelines
- Game team collaboration - embedding with games teams to level up their delivery tech stack and foster collaboration with developers across partner companies
- Manage lifecycle of physical and virtual resources running on prem and in the cloud
- Bring a voice to the table and partner up with other Riot engineering teams to meet needs of players
- Teach, support, and guide other engineers to improve technical proficiency and establish lasting mentorship relationships
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support, and enhancements in existing platforms
- 5+ years of experience
- Proficiency with Linux operating systems and concepts
- Proficiency with AWS
- Working knowledge of container orchestrators (ECS/EKS/K8S)
- Fluent with Ansible and Terraform
- Familiarity with Jenkins
- Experience developing monitoring and alerting solutions
- Comfortable with scripting languages such as Python, PowerShell, and Bash
- Familiarity with Git, Perforce, or other source control systems
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).