Gameplay Capture Artist - Video Services
Gameplay Capture Artists combine their exceptional experience in a game or genre with their knowledge of film-making craft to tell compelling and inspired stories inside a game engine. Where others see only the game, they see opportunities to move the audience.
As Gameplay Capture Artist on the Video Services team, you will report to the Lead of IP Creative Services. You will be the choreographer, cinematographer, and a lead performer in gameplay video that resonates with the VALORANT community. You will work with developers, creative leads, brand managers, producers, editors, and other gameplay capture artists, working to creative briefs while holding the line for the authenticity your audience expects. Your years of craft experience, collaborative spirit, and in-game skills allow you to calmly direct complex scenarios that demonstrate VALORANT’s sky-high skill ceiling. Gameplay will be your canvas by which you can quicken the pulse, bring a crowd to its feet, or leave jaws on the floor.
- Choreograph and capture industry-leading gameplay video content, controlling first-person gameplay and stepping behind the virtual camera to create inspired third person cinematography.
- Compose outlines, shotlists, and staging diagrams that guide the performance from script to screen.
- Direct other capture artists through challenging setups to achieve both clarity and gameplay excellence.
- Develop your familiarity with Unreal Engine 4 to find new ways to achieve creative experiences.
- Work with your team to find creative programs to delight players and achieve the goals set in the brief by the Creative and Brand Leads.
- Work with your colleagues in the gameplay video discipline to improve your craft and the technologies that power it.
- Provide your gameplay expertise to other marketing efforts to help us make all our content authentic to the game and resonant with players.
- 1+ years experience creating FPS gameplay video content as an independent content creator or for a studio, company, or channel.
- 1+ years experience with first and third person cameras, familiar with standard camera directions, tools, and techniques.
- 1+ years experience with capture software and hardware such as Fraps, OBS, Shogun Inferno, ElGato.
- 1+ years experience managing and organizing files and media.
- 1+ years experience analyzing game content and traditional filmmaking.
- Experience working with a creative brief to achieve specific goals or outcomes with your video.
- Experience creating animations or videos in Unreal Engine and Unreal Sequencer.
- Experience working at a game studio or creative agency.
- Experience in 3D animation, previsualization, layout, or storyboarding.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Please include one or two of your own videos that you feel best showcase your storytelling and capture skills.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.