Data Scientist III - VALORANT
Riot Data Scientists combine their wide technical expertise across data processing, automation, machine learning ("ML"), artificial intelligence ("AI"), and experimental design to inform decisions and develop data-powered products. They customize methods to suit an unusual data problem and work at a multi-team scale, influencing product vision, technical designs, and other scientists' development across the organization. By translating requirements into sustainable, automated data processing workflows, your systems can be used to serve other Rioters and power player facing features. This requires us to be excellent collaborators with other engineers, data scientists, game designers, and product owners across the organization.
VALORANT is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT click here!). As a Staff Data Scientist working with the VALORANT Strategic Advisory team, you will shape the way data is used to improve all aspects of the player experience. By partnering with product teams both in and outside of VALORANT, you will apply your expertise in data science and exploration to help ship products that surprise and delight Riot’s legions of fans from around the world.
- Partner with product leads to create insights and frameworks that will inform the strategic direction of the product
- Collaborate with team leadership, leading the execution and delivery of data science products that directly impact VALORANT systems and player experience
- Collect and analyze complex data to more deeply understand our audience and their behaviors
- Continually improve our data science practice by identifying novel techniques and technical approaches
- Identify new product opportunities and collaboratively develop them with partners
- Design and implement data science systems (ML, AI, optimization, and statistics)
- Represent data products to non-technical partners and collaborators
- Ph.D. in Machine Learning, AI, Statistics, Math, or related Computer Science/Quantitative field with 3+ years industry experience (alternatively a Masters with 4+ years of industry experience, or B.Sc. with 6+ years of industry experience)
- 2+ years experience with big data technologies such as Spark
- Depth of experience with data processing and analytics using SQL and Python.
- Experience driving strategic goals that impact the business and leverage ML/AI systems.
- Strong communication skills
- Broad technical background to facilitate working with the diverse set of technologists involved in deploying machine learning systems.
- Shipped a system involving a recommendation engine
- Background in Economics or equivalent work experience
- Experience in management consulting or in a role informing company strategy
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).