Senior Software Engineer - Player Platform, Central Player Dynamics
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As Software Engineers, we work with both new and current technology, creating creative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to deliver player value.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Central Player Dynamics team, you will work with designers and product managers to create and support the many facets of this technology. You will ensure technical excellence of the services you create, supporting game teams as they integrate with these services, and deploying and supporting these services in production.
The Central Player Dynamics team builds the platform that Riot’s games use to ensure a safe and fun interactive gaming experience. We build the technology that is used to encourage our players to behave in a positive manner and the systems used to detect and act upon it when they don’t.
This position reports to the Engineering Manager of the Central Player Dynamics initiative within Player Platform.
- Create and operate microservices that enable Player Dynamics features in Riot’s games
- Work with a team of experts to design, prototype, and build these features
- Ensure the team is adhering to engineering excellence
- Be on rotational on-call for live product support and operational assessment
- Provide meaningful code reviews and mentor other members on the team
- Work with non-technical customers to accomplish deliverables
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field or relevant professional experience
- 5+ years of deep hands-on programming experiences in Java
- Experience with distributed systems and an understanding of using concurrency to achieve high throughput requirements
- Experience with maintaining web services coupled with handling emergent and on-call issues
- Experience developing large systems from scratch, including gathering requirements, designing scalable, architecture, and leading the development across multiple contributors
- Experience implementing software engineering best practices
- Prior game development experience at any level
- Understand networking - HTTP down to the network layer (TCP/IP, routing, etc)
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).