Researcher II, Gameplay - Legends of Runeterra
Job Id: REQ-0001575
As a Researcher, you'll be part of an interdisciplinary team and work closely with Rioters from other disciplines (designers, artists, producers) to conduct studies and analyses to inform the features, systems, and experiences of our products. Your applied or experimental research background coupled with your understanding of data will ensure that you're an advocate for players and can provide strategic guidance about their wants, needs, and behaviors.
As an important member of the Gameplay team, you will complete research activities to support early-stage testing all the way through post-implementation evaluation. You will work on qualitative projects (player labs, focus groups) and quant projects (large-scale surveys). If you are excited to represent the voice of the player to designers and product owners as they shape the future of Legends of Runeterra, this is a great opportunity. You will report to our Director, Strategic Advisory.
- Partner with your product team to create insights and frameworks to inform how we build our products and experiences
- Provide strategic insights to test teams' assumptions and inform their actions
- Design protocols and moderate playtest labs, guiding participants through a set of tasks and prompting them for sincere, relevant feedback
- Design surveys and analyze results to better understand player-sentiment and player-motivation at scale
- Construct and organize studies to answer development and usability questions
- Share your results with other Rioters in clear, illustrative presentations
- BA or BS in Psychology, Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related discipline.
- Minimum of two years of experience in applied or experimental research
- Experience with Excel (can perform complex functions), Qualtrics, Powerpoint, or Tableau
- Affinity for CCG games
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).