Technical Product Manager III - League, Game Engine
Job Id: REQ-0001589
Technical Product Managers combine deep experience with product leadership capabilities to allow Riot to provide essential products and supporting systems to players. You will develop product strategies on Riot's products and technologies while leading diverse teams to provide creative solutions to our most difficult technical challenges.
As the Technical Product Manager for the Game Engine Team on League of Legends you will set direction and vision for the engine technologies that power both League of Legends and Teamfight Tactics, as well as future game modes. You will direct efforts to ensure that developers on League and TFT teams have the functionality and tools they need to build features for our players, both today and in the future. You will be accountable for maintaining a high level of in-game quality and performance on both mobile and PC for our players around the world.
- Define and drive a strategy and roadmap for the core League engine in order to support both League of Legends and Teamfight Tactics
- Deliver on roadmap collaboratively with teams across both games
- Lead and set direction for the Game Engine Team
- Work with and direct the efforts of senior and principal engineers
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Experience in game engine or real-time simulations work
- Excellent teamwork, team leadership, communication, and stakeholder management
- Worked with and led agile teams
- Engineering background in console or PC development
- Experience with mobile platforms
- Experience with Rendering, Client Networking, and/or Performance optimization
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).