Internal Communications Strategist, Diversity & Inclusion (Riot Internal Comms & Events)
Job Id: REQ-0002082
Riot's Internal Comms team members endeavor to shape our internal environment by creating communication plans, programs, and moments that celebrate Riot's playful, informal and passionate culture. We aim to communicate with a balance of transparency and clarity that's smart, well-crafted, and authentic. We cover everything necessary to internal messaging and work with all teams to create a passionate and ongoing, lively two-way conversation between Riot and Rioters on the issues that matter most to players and to us. We love games and enjoy telling the emotionally resonant stories that connect us to players and our mission.
The Internal Communications Strategist, Diversity & Inclusion, reporting to the Manager, Internal Communications, will shape the way we talk about D&I internally and be responsible for ensuring we have a consistent approach across all our D&I touch points. Their work will have an indirect impact on how Rioters feel about Riot and their level of pride to work at Riot. You'll be the go-to partner for our D&I team and support them in developing internal comms strategies and plans, including supporting executive level leaders with D&I related messaging. You will independently develop comms plans and strategies for several D&I related projects. This includes driving the development of the plan and drafting any supporting messaging. You will work in partnership with other Internal Comms team members to determine the best channels for maximum impact and provide any executive level messaging.
- Develop and work on global communication plans and strategies for D&I programs that balance, and address, both business goals and Rioter needs
- Work with D&I partners and other Comms team members to support D&I comms programs, pulling in relevant SMEs for guidance as applicable
- Manage our D&I internal comms editorial calendar, maximizing and measuring engagement across channels
- Provide Internal Comms team members with visibility into important D&I programs and connect the dots on related comms plans for narrative consistency
- Ghostwrite for our Chief Diversity Officer
- Bachelor's degree in public relations, communications, journalism or related field
- 3+ years experience in communications
- Experience developing communication plans, managing cross-functional projects, and creating messaging for D&I
- Experience working with a variety of mediums - video, visual, written, audio, live presentations, etc.
- Experience managing communication programs for large, highly engaged organizations
- Depth of understanding of current trends in the internal comms space
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and work with several internal team leaders
- The ability to work with executives and team members alike to provide high-quality work, with broader comms goals
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).