Manager, Software Engineering - Information Technology, Corporate Data
Job Id: REQ-0002214
As an Engineering Manager on our Corporate Data team, you will manage an engineering team delivering technology solutions to support efforts across Riot Games. You'll also serve as a mentor for a team of engineers and analysts, overseeing performance management, providing growth opportunities, and maintaining an effective team.
You will guide the team to help manage project goals, contribute to product strategy, help with software architecture and design, and help develop and grow the team. As a member of the IT leadership team, you will also contribute to the development and execution of engineering solutions. You will provide strong collaborative people leadership and technical expertise and come in as both a mentor and a technologist.
You will report into the Head of Information Technology.
- Manage a team of software engineers and analysts ranging from associate-level to staff-level
- Drive clarity on the team's vision, and each person's role in achieving that vision
- Support that vision with discipline in strategic planning and resource allocation
- Recruit and hire software engineers and analysts
- Mentor the team, by holding a high bar for performance, ensuring every person has a personalized career growth plan, and finding stretch opportunities for them to grow
- Resolve team health issues quickly and effectively
- Uphold software engineering best practices, including design and code reviews, coding standards, tool improvements, and test/build/deploy processes
- Provide technical expertise throughout the product life cycle, including design, implementation, and delivery, while improving quality and efficiency
- 2+ years experience managing engineers
- 5+ years experience as a software engineer
- Experience with Agile and LEAN
- Expertise with continuous development and deployments of large-scale systems
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).