Senior Software Engineer - Riot Direct
Job Id: REQ-0003412
Senior Software Engineer (Riot Direct) at Riot support our global player base by using their expertise to build tools and refine operational procedures to constantly improve efficient infrastructure solutions. Your specializations could include a strong background in software engineering with a functional understanding of networking and automation.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Riot Direct team, you will be responsible for the complete life cycle of our transport network. This means you will plan, design, deploy and operate as well as iterate over existing infrastructure to give our players the best experience possible. Our primary goal is to support the player experience and that of our internal customers. You will also help develop tooling to make it easier for our customers to consume these network and cloud resources.
- Independently solve complex problems and troubleshoot production issues at Riot scale
- Create and operate tools and services that help accelerate all of Riot
- Implement new solutions, and designs in a vendor-agnostic manner
- Contribute to the evolution of our network monitoring platforms
- Participate in long- and short-range technology planning.
- Level up your peers
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science ora related field or relevant professional experience
- Excellent design, implementation, and skills combined with a proven documentation methodology.
- 4+ years experience in designing and operating large-scale, production networks
- 4+ years of experience with major routing protocols, specifically BGP and OSPF
- Experience with IPv6 Design and implementations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Nornir or naplam
- Proficiency in wide-area networking
- A genuine passion for building systems that are simple and work well
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position.
We offer medical and dental that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better. It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't meet every one of the requirements for a role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role to make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!