QA Engineer II - VALORANT Performance Team
Job Id: REQ-0003401
At Riot, we believe Quality is a set of values, practices, and behaviors that inform every part of the development process. By honing our craft of quality and demonstrating cross-discipline partnerships we help Riot sustainably craft excellent experiences for players, globally.
VALORANT is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT click here). As a QA Engineer II on the VALORANT Performance Team you will help Riot test and deliver various cross-system updates to maintain and improve the competitive experience for players, while also keeping pace with the complex PC compatibility landscape. You will work directly with developers to support testing activities across all disciplines. You will also ensure the execution of all test coverage within your product space and manage test, telemetry, and defect data and report regularly on product quality. You will report into a Quality Manager.
- Triage, monitor, and prioritize the defect database
- Improve on methods of test execution at the team-level
- Continuously give feedback on content and code being developed
- Collaborate with different disciplines in order to push quality upstream
- Author test plans and oversee the execution of test coverage
- You collaborate with QA peers to design and execute performance and compatibility testing across the VALORANT product
- You design and implement quality strategies to meet performance targets for the entire VALORANT product
- 3+ years of Quality Assurance experience testing on PC
- Knowledge of Product Development Pipelines and Workflows
- Agile Product Development & Agile Testing experience
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary teams
- Experience working with performance and compatibility testing
- Experience creating custom reporting on test coverage and defect data.
- Professional experience working on first-person shooters, or extensive engagement playing them
- Comfortable with deep-dive investigations and testing technical implementations.
- Experience with tools such as Jenkins, Perforce, and GitHub
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience working with AAA titles
- Experience working with mobile devices and titles
- Preferred Licenses/certifications:
- ISTQB Foundation Level
- ISTQB Agile Tester or ICAgile Agile Testing (ICP-TST)
- ISTQB Expert Level
- ISTQB Advanced Test Manager
- ICAgile Test Expert (ICE-AT)
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.