Technical Product Manager II - Global Esports
Job Id: REQ-0003398
As a Technical Product Manager on Esports, you'll be responsible for helping develop the tools, products, and processes that power Global Esports data at Riot. You will partner with product leads, regional stakeholders, and partners to deliver esports data across the globe. You will be deeply involved in the execution of data and operations of new esports titles including Valorant. You will collaborate with technical, operations, and business leads to drive data monetization and operational improvements.
As part of Riot Esports Strategic Advisory reporting to the Head of Competitive Data. You'll join a growing team launching and supporting esports across the globe. You'll be focused on driving the scalability of esports data and operations as we expand esports to new games and regions. You'll partner with other teams to design efficient processes and data systems that will continuously improve the delivery, accuracy, and value of esports data.
- Support growth and use of data products across the ecosystem and improve future monetization
- Manage team, partner, and regional relationships on data integration for professional gameplay data
- Develop robust processes that ensure the return on commercial data improvement efforts
- Coordinate with esports operations on schedules/teams/players and data accuracy issues
- Work with international regions to ensure relevant teams understand the technical strategy, local impacts, and rollout plans for data commercialization plans
- Lead strategic initiatives with commercial data partners supporting community engagement and sport 9integrity goals
- 4+ years of professional product management experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Experience managing data systems projects
- Experience managing the development and release of products and services
- Experience delivering products by working both independently and collaboratively with distributed global teams, project partners, and partners
- 2+ years of experience in operations-focused roles or supporting operations-focused teams
- Experience working with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Experience dealing with ambiguous/undefined problems
- Experience developing solutions to problems and improving systems
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).