Manager, VFX - Legends of Runeterra
Job Id: REQ-0003446
As an Art Lead at Riot you will help hire and coach a group of cross discipline artists who will bring our cards and game to life. You will understand and communicate the needs of your artists to leadership, as well as build meaningful external relationships through collaboration. By understanding your team’s goals you will help establish paths for your artists to achieve their career goals. You will identify strategic art resource needs and promote hiring for all art roles on the team. By being part of the leadership team, you will develop strategies and eliminate obstacles with other leaders across the studio.
Legends of Runeterra (LoR) is our new collectible card game featuring beloved Champions from the League of Legends universe. As an Art Lead on LoR, you will lead and work with a talented multi-disciplinary team of artists and outsourcers to create new gameplay modes, events and content that will challenge genre conventions and evolve the Legends of Runeterra experience.
- Accountable for the overall quality bar of your art team and delivering feedback.
- Guide the development of efficient art pipelines
- Drive the development of Style Guides and Process Guides
- Lead and improve art team rituals to support high quality craft and individual growth
- Provide meaningful opportunities for growth and career development
- Manage and build great relationships with external Art studios and contractors
- Improve efforts to build outsourcing strategies and documentation
- You will accomplish your mission with complete autonomy if the need arises; you're dedicated in finding creative and effective solutions to vigilantly eliminate difficult problems
- Demonstrated ability to create and drive the creation of high quality VFX and other art.
- Extreme proficiency in art fundamentals, design principles and color theory
- Proven experience leading/mentoring teams and individuals. Growth minded and motivated towards teaching, enabling, and coaching other Illustrators
- Experience giving thorough direction and delivering timely, clear feedback to other artists on craft & direction
- A strong communicator and able to convey abstract/sophisticated ideas in a concise way
- Knowledge of the game development pipeline including optimization and implementation
- Familiarity with Unity
- Familiarity with the Legends of Runeterra (LoR) IP
- Experience in multiple art disciplines, such as animation or 3D, is a plus
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.