Localization Producer II
Job Id: REQ-0003637
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
Localization's vision is to be the industry-leading force behind the most authentic and culturally resonant global entertainment. You will work as part of the Global Localization team to support Riot's efforts to transform Entertainment globally. With our audience at the heart of what we do, Localization is an important part of Riot's strategy to bring culturally authentic experiences everywhere our players are.
Each region is unique and here at Riot, we treat them that way. We know that players expect exceptional fidelity and native feel for any of our products.
We are looking for an experienced Language Manager to manage the language strategy for the Brazilian market. You will combine the passion for the craft of language localization and a strategic approach to scaling quality processes.
Reporting to the Head of EMEA Hub in Dublin, you will be based in the Sao Paulo office and represent Global Localization in your local office. You will work with regional partners, Dublin Hub, and the Global operations team.
- Develop linguistic and cultural standards for your region through creating documents, glossaries, style guides.
- Monitor the linguistic quality of your language through a set of qualitative and quantitative metrics.
- Provide feedback to vendors based on your assessment of their output.
- Proactively communicate with your hub and other global partners to highlight inefficiencies in the process or gaps with the quality of your language.
- Build relationships and proactively engage with your local partners (Publishing, Marketing, Esports, and Player support) to provide visibility and support with Localization.
- Drive process improvements, suggest optimizations to increase the quality of your language.
- Collect relevant cultural and linguistic data and feed it back to Global operations and Production teams to inform future quality strategies.
- Provide support with special projects and services needed in your region (Play tests, consulting services, early feedback on upcoming projects, Loc technology)
- Conduct market research on relevant cultural trends, competitive analysis to ensure that Riot serves players in the best possible way in your region.
- 5+ years of experience managing linguistic quality for the assigned region.
- Native linguistic proficiency in the assigned language.
- Business proficiency in English.
- Project management experience with Game, Entertainment, or Software localization.
- Have in-depth knowledge of Localization QA processes, vendor landscape, and best practices.
- Experienced with Dubbing, VO, Multimedia, Entertainment localization workflows.
- Knowledge of common tools and workflows used in Localization (Project, content management, bug tracking, translation memories, purchasing).
- Experience in creative writing or media.
- Understanding of end-to-end localization process from beginning to the final product.
- Experience with Riot's IPs.
- Familiarity with cultural trends and player preferences when it comes to Games and Entertainment in the region.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!