Staff Software Engineer (Engine/Performance) - Teamfight Tactics
Job Id: REQ-0000590
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As Staff Software Engineers, we work with both new and current technologies to create innovative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to deliver player value.
As a Staff Software Engineer on the League of Legends TFT Team, you will collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to identify performance issues and potential gains with low-level engine systems and rendering technologies for League of Legends and Teamfight Tactics. This will be in addition to working with a cross-discipline team on the development of new game features and systems. Teamfight Tactics is a multi-platform game; supporting PC, Android and iOS; so cross-platform experience would be beneficial. You will report into the Teamfight Tactics Engineering Manager.
- Identify, prioritize, and implement new game systems and engine features, as well as performance improvements to existing game engine and rendering features
- Collaborate with discipline leads to develop long-term vision and strategies that improve workflows while supporting in-game performance goals
- Reduce ambiguity in a problem space through technical discovery and prototyping
- Lead architecture requirements, design, and implementation for relevant systems
- Form relationships with content creators
- Influence software engineering best practices within the team, including design reviews, coding standards, code reviews, tools improvements, source control management, and test/build/deploy processes
- Develop sustainable solutions, improving the engine and leaving it better than you found it
- 8+ years game industry or relevant engineering experience
- Expertise in C++
- Expertise in game rendering and engine performance profiling
- Have been responsible for driving the design and leading of development of large-sized efforts (6-month scope), including requirements gathering, planning, testing, and release or deployment
- Collaborative mindset and experience working with others disciplines
- Familiarity with iterative development methodologies like Scrum, Agile or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with game engine tools, workflows and content pipelines
- Mobile or multi-platform performance profiling a bonus
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).