Director, Strategic Advisory - Unpublished R&D Product
Job Id: REQ-0001053
The Strategic Advisory department consists of the various strategists, scientists, analysts, and advisors who guide decision making at Riot. Working directly on Riot's various products as well as centrally on cross-company advisory teams, Rioters from Strategic Advisory ensure Riot's decision making is data-informed, effective, and oriented to the needs of audiences. Strategic Advisory consists of three main disciplines: Insights, which covers research and analytics; Revenue Strategy, which covers revenue, progression, and growth systems; and Strategic Finance, which covers financial planning and analysis. Strategic Advisory leaders partner with their organization's leadership team to represent and manage these disciplines on their organization
The Director, Strategic Advisory will be a member of the game’s leadership team focused on building actionable strategic and business plans; pushing that strategy into operations on the development team; monitoring performance against targets; driving improvements to our processes and systems to support better decision making; and building, managing, and operating a team that can meet the SA needs of the product. Since the role touches on all parts of the product and business, the role will require a leader that has broad experience in Strategic Advisory and game development. You will report to the Strategic Advisory leader of the R&D group.
- Maintain strategy & audience understanding for the game and operationalize that strategy by ensuring the development team's efforts are aligned with the critical path of creating a successful product & business and are executed effectively and efficiently
- Identify and prioritize product choices that create competitive advantages and adapt to changing market dynamics (eg: competitive, legal, etc.)
- Connect product strategy with broader organizational and company strategy
- Support the strategic planning and forecasting (SPF) process for the Business Unit; set targets for and monitor performance against development plans, goals, finances, & product KPIs
- Oversee issues relating to data, research, revenue, cost, financial processes/standards, and other SA areas of expertise including playtesting, market research, financial & other forecasting, telemetry & reporting, and business model development.
- Ensure efficient and effective resource allocation (workforce planning, spend)
- Formally manage, lead, mentor, elevate performance of, and support career growth for SA Rioters within the BU (Revenue Strategy, Insights, and Finance)
- Workforce planning, staffing, and hiring for SA positions on the BU
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Psychology, Economics, Mathematics or a related discipline plus 7 years of relevant experience (an advanced degree can account for up to 2 years of experience)
- Familiarity with several of the following crafts and 5+ years experience in as least one: Business Strategy, Analytics, Research, Finance, Revenue Strategy, Player Growth.
- 2+ years experience managing high performing individuals and teams
- 2+ years experience working directly in game development
- Experience building and leading cross-functional teams
- Experience and expertise in several of the previously mentioned crafts
- Experience working on a game team through development, launch, and live operations
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).