Director, Brand Management - Global Marketing, Unpublished Fighting Game
Job Id: REQ-0001763
Riot Games is about making genre-defining games that put the player experience first, and we're gearing up to enter a new arena - fighting games!
We are looking for a Director, Brand Management for our upcoming unpublished fighting game. The FGC (fighting game community) is a passionate bunch; and we're looking for a marketing leader whose ambition can match our enthusiasm for the genre and for the community. Using your knowledge of brand building; your expertise in building go-to-market strategies; your facility with audience data; and your eye for culture, trends and great creative; you will lead brand building, go-to-market planning, launch marketing, and live service marketing for a new Riot game and game community. You will report to the Senior Director, Brand Management, Action Category. This position is located in Redwood City, CA; but can be located elsewhere if you are willing to travel frequently (2x a month) to the development team in Redwood City.
- You will collaboratively develop the game brand, the brand strategy, the global go-to-market launch plan and the live service marketing plans for Project L; across multiple platforms
- You will recruit and manage a small brand team; and lead a larger, matrixed team of several marketing specialists
- You will be a player-coach; equal parts inspiring great performance in others as getting your hands dirty
- You will contribute audience and marketing perspectives to the development process
- You will ensure excellent execution of marketing strategy across a global team
- You will guide and sometimes create marketing briefs that bring strategy to life in creative
- You will work with analysts to understand campaign performance and adapt approaches accordingly
- You will partner with the development team, Regions, Central Services and external partners to create multi-product, 360 entertainment experiences for players
- You will search for and implement sparks of innovation along the way
- 8+ years of marketing experience within any one of these industries: online entertainment, digital entertainment, mobile gaming, console gaming, pc gaming
- Expert in the craft of marketing, and the current tactics and capabilities required to market products worldwide
- Experience using research and data both to create strategy and to analyze marketing effectiveness
- Experience leading through influence and vision across diverse teams and departments
- Experience facilitating and guiding marketing work for global resonance
- Passion for the fighting game genre
- People management experience
- For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- Experience working on culture-forward brands that serve hyper-engaged audiences and communities
- Experience launching new products
- Masters in Business Administration, or other marketing related advanced degree
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).