Development Manager III - Worldwide Publishing
Job Id: REQ-0002526
Senior Development Managers are delivery leaders at Riot. We lead teams to deliver player value through effective agile work systems and practices. While driving internal alignment and accountability for teams and development organizations, we consistently focus on continuous improvement. Senior Development Managers offer strong leadership and mentorship to level up their craft Riot-wide.
As Senior Development Manager for Global Localization (GLOC), you will act as a multi-team delivery lead to ensure that processes, technology, and people interact in a well-orchestrated, collaborative way to deliver value for Riot and players. You will work closely with leaders and team members across Global Localization to support the organization’s strategic planning, product delivery, and cross-team collaboration.
You will form part of Global Localization’s leadership team and ensure that the team has proper decision-making & prioritization frameworks, scalable systems for collaboration, and for tracking and reporting on organizations’ commitments. You will also be responsible for driving specific high-impact, high-visibility projects and jumping in to support with emergent escalations that require hands-on attention.
- Ensure that team makes clear commitments and deliver on them
- Own the GLOC’s strategic work system for teams (rituals, tracking, reporting, and partner management) and the Leadership work system (initiative has goals, action items are tracked/resolved, roles and responsibilities are defined, etc.)
- Proactively provide delivery leadership on ad-hoc projects as needed, including cross-team global initiatives
- Support Localization Technology team by working with product and engineering managers to implement software delivery frameworks
- Evaluate a team's current situation and adapt planning tools, Agile methodologies, and communication channels to ensure successful, sustainable, and reliable delivery
- Create transparency and predictability through roadmaps, anticipative planning, and active risk management
- Coordinate the delivery of dependencies from teams collaborating on the projects across Riot
- Drive team agreement on decisions and ensure that appropriate resources are involved
- 5+ years experience managing technical projects
- Experience leading engineering teams and partner management
- Experience developing productive working relationships with team members, colleagues, and customers
- Experience in mentoring, coaching others
- Charter large projects with multiple teams
- Experience with managing project/task prioritization, project planning, and schedule development.
- Experience designing and improving work systems
- Knowledge and passion for Localization/Globalization fields
- Excellent knowledge of agile and waterfall methodologies
- Experience working with distributed teams and facilitating virtual meetings that are inclusive and engaging
- For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).