Narrative Editorial Intern
Job Id: REQ-0002755
As a Narrative Editor Intern, you will be paired with teams across Riot (some with embedded writers, some without), guiding them through the creation of story content that will surprise and delight players. Your keen eye for detail and good writing will help you support the creation of new characters, stories, and worlds. You will work closely with other creatives to align on vision and priorities, building opportunities for collaboration across teams. Ultimately, your passion for the written (and spoken!) word, your collaborative, service-oriented spirit, and your love of gaming will position you to join the Narrative discipline. We can’t wait for you to help us write the next chapter.
- Learn more about the Narrative direction for various products, and their stakeholders’ goals
- Build good working relationships with product teams, other Narrative Services members, and Localization partners
- Contribute to the production of written content to the agreed direction, quality standards, and schedule
- Familiarize yourself with available process guidelines/documentation, and Narrative processes
- Copyedit final drafts of work produced by other members of the team
- Communicate progress on your projects appropriately
- Help support other teams exploring the League of Legends IP, through research and craft feedback
- Support the Narrative discipline by contributing as a community member
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with any formal editorial process, either as a writer or editor
- Available to work full-time hours for 10-12 weeks at our Santa Monica headquarters
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Familiarity with the League of Legends intellectual property, and its current range of Narrative expressions
- Experience with the commissioning and creation of story content within existing IPs, for game product releases or in direct support of them
- Familiarity with prose fiction, and at least one other narrative medium (e.g. audio, comics, interactive stories, linear/non-linear game expressions)
- BA in English, History, Narrative Design, or other narrative fields (or equivalent experience)
- Time-management skills and sense of personal accountability for work quality
- Please prepare to include 4 short work samples indicated in the application submission section
- 1 single-paragraph sample biography of a well-known character of your choosing (from any IP other than League of Legends) of approximately 150 words
- The same bio, reduced to approximately 75 words, yet communicating mostly the same information
- The same bio, reduced to approximately 15 words, as an essential summary of the character
- 1 sample of existing personal creative work of your choosing that you feel demonstrates your most relevant skills
Applications Close January 10th 11:59pm PT
Riot Internships are paid, and we offer relocation and housing support. Interns can also participate in our 401(k) plan. You can expect subsidized meals, in-game perks, and the ability to participate in our Play Fund, so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games. The University Programs team also invites you to intern focused events so you can connect with your fellow interns and Rioters to make the most out of your experience.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.