Principal Producer, Esports Digital Experiences
Job Id: REQ-0002819
As Producers at Riot, we lead passionate teams to create products and experiences that seek to achieve maximum player value. We guide development, smash through obstacles, and push projects across the finish line while making sure that our teams are sustainable and have a great collaborative environment.
As a delivery focused Principal Producer on the Esports Digital team, you will lead the delivery of fan-centric esports viewing and engagement experiences that will unlock massive player value. These projects include video distribution, fan engagement experiences across web, mobile and tv apps, deep integration into the broader Riot ecosystem, with some dependence on shared core capabilities that are owned by other teams across Riot. Development will span across the Esports Digital team of teams as well as through co-development with external development partners. You will build work-systems that give visibility into the overall progress of the projects and that keep all teams coordinated and aligned toward objectives. You will find ways to reduce risk to timely delivery and make sure that teams involved are set up for success. You will work with initiative, product and project leads and stakeholders to build global / regional esports alignment and collaboration toward vision and deliverables. You will report into the Director of Product Management on Esports Digital.
- Delivery-lead large cross-functional and cross-organization projects.
- Manage and improve work systems, team performance metrics, planning, and goals setting.
- Create transparency and predictability with road maps, planning, and active risk management.
- Identify misalignment areas in development and develop risk mitigation plans.
- Assess the team's maturity, health, and composition, and advocate for changes required to ensure that the team is set up for success.
- Build strong relationships with partner teams across the Riot global/regional org and craft working agreements to manage joint projects.
- Facilitate global / pan-regional planning sessions required to build content and operational plans to support launch and ongoing service.
- Create and contribute ideas to areas beyond your immediate ownership across different teams and disciplines.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience with strong technical knowledge, problem solving skills, and understanding of basic programming concepts.
- 8+ years of experience leading technical projects on medium to large teams using methodologies like Scrum and Kanban.
- Experience running programs or projects that span organizational borders.
- Experience applying Agile and Lean development process and practices.
- Knowledgeable in Jira use, configuration, and limitations.
- Experience working collaboratively across complex organizations that have both global and regional focus
- Knowledge / experience with the cross business unit planning processes
- Experienced understanding of the mechanics of driving work across different business units
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.