Sr. Manager, HRBP
Job Id: REQ-0002963
Riot's People team exists to help Rioters make better decisions around its talent. We bring our expertise to all typical HR activities such as hiring, on-boarding, training, diversity and inclusion, performance management, benefits, perks, compensation, big events, employee relations, off-boarding so that all Rioters can flourish.
As HR Business Partners, we are not a compliance function and we don't make decisions from an ivory tower. Instead, we focus on our needs, carefully listening to the problem spaces and working with Rioters to get to an optimal outcome. We view ourselves as trusted consultants and advisers with a specific expertise in all things "HR". Working in People at Riot enables you to redefine what positive human resource practices are. We re-imagine events, onboarding, perks, and communications so they resonate with our workforce and our leaders.
As a Manager, HR Business Partner reporting to the Director, HR Business Partner you will bring broad skills to the teams and programs you're embedded in within our Corporate functions. You will work with Corporate leaders as a strategic partner helping shape their People strategy. Ensuring global consistency, you will also oversee deploying People tools and create programs that work for your population of Rioters. You will be the go-to resource for all things related to talent, ranging from performance management to total rewards. You will be a culture promoter and a deployer of tools and programs that turn Rioter potential into performance and results.
- Partner on developing an annual engagement strategy and implementation plan to promote employee engagement and make improvement on Riot priorities
- Help inform org design with an eye towards effectiveness and long-term cost control
- Be a contact for employee relations, assist with documentation, and be a first contact for initial leave of absence and accommodation related questions (partnering with the HR Operations team to provide guidance to Rioters and managers)
- Develop forward-looking succession plans and developing plans to address gaps and blockers as part of broader workforce and capability planning
- Design retention plans to keep engaging and growing talent
- Develop change management plans for department changes
- Develop function specific talent strategy to support team goals
- Be the face of performance management leading calibrations sessions, group specific trainings, messaging, and ensuring accountability with the process
- Inform D&I initiatives based on business group dynamic and operating as the delivery arm for D&I programs
- Partner with leadership and Comp to maintain fair compensation and job leveling (within your group and across Riot)
- Give input into L&D, comp, benefits and other COE programs based on Riot needs identified
- Provide periodic audits of information systems records and work with disciplines and products to ensure data accuracy
- Conduct exit interviews and periodic exit analyses and providing themes to leadership
- 10+ years of experience in an HR generalist/business partner or broader HR role with progression
- 5+ year in Sr. HR or HRBP manager role or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business, Organizational Design or relevant field; or equivalent work experience
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building, consulting, collaboration and leadership experience
- Experience working with or supporting diverse communities
- Experience supporting a corporate or back office groups in entertainment, publishing, gaming or tech companies
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.