Visual Designer II - TFT, Events
Job Id: REQ-0003095
On the Visual Design team at Riot, designers seek to craft the best player experiences through their knowledge of systemic design, graphic design, interactivity, layout, typography, color theory and illustration. Designers work with cross disciplinary teams and act as both artistic and design problem solvers. They understand players and ask questions about the what, who and how when solving for an interface or communication challenge.
The role of a Visual Designer II on Teamfight Tactics oversees the creation and development of out-of-game UI experiences that will be used to tell stories to players. These experiences center around narratives and plot points based in the League of Legends universe. You will report to a Lead Visual Designer, bringing life to interactive experiences on PC and mobile. Working within established style and brand, managing assets, and iconography are important. This also involves maintaining source libraries, and working with engineers and production teams to have assets implemented within technical standards.
- Work with a team of UX, Audio, copywriters, creative directors, and brand strategists to create experiences for the out-of-game PC and mobile client
- Work with external teams during production, observing delivery specifications like screen resolution, color profiles, and file size
- Work with Motion Graphics to create interactive states and transitions for UI elements
- Develop UI solutions for TFT with an understanding of systems design, UI style, layout, and color
- Work with Product Leads and Marketing teams to represent Teamfight Tactics in an authentic manner
- Plan out work and set expectations for development to bring concepts to life
- Create vector artwork, iconography, and export rasterized assets that are high-quality and optimized for the game
- Maintain source work and manage Libraries for future development
- Bring designs from idea to implementation and push for improvements to workflow
- 3+ years of industry experience working with interactive digital art
- BA or training in art fundamentals
- Sense of composition, color, value and 2D art fundamentals
- Understanding of source file library management
- Manage many types of assets and keep track of their status
- Experience with Photoshop, layer comps, blending modes, and source file organization
- Experience designing microsites or time-limited "take over" style experiences for mobile and PC devices
- Experience in marketing / branding
- Experience in Figma
- Knowledge of League of Legends / Teamfight Tactics IP and style
- Knowledge of best practices for optimized implementation
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.