Legal Counsel II
Job Id: REQ-0003176
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
The Riot Legal Team has the responsibility to constantly provide the highest quality legal services that fully align with Riot's company mission of putting players first. Figuring out what's "best for us" always begins with thinking about what's "best for players." Every policy or contract that we draft; every lawsuit that we file or defend against; every letter we send; and all the legal advice that we give to our partners is always done with our players' interests in mind.
You will be required to build strong and meaningful relationships across the company to support the business partnering of Legal and Procurement with all the Region, Departments, and Central teams. you'll support by drafting agreements and counseling the business. You'll help the team keep its finger on the pulse of the changing legal landscape, and help Riot navigate any potential landmines across many of Riot's jurisdictions.
As a Mexico City Rioter, you’ll join a small team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and maniacal passion for gaming. With teams in Marketing, Business Development, Publishing and Esports, Riot Games Mexico City is dedicated to creating unique player experiences that show local players they aren't lost in translation.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements including vendor, IP/IT licensing, publishing agreements, employment, entertainment, and media licenses, and esports-related operational, streaming, and sponsorship agreements.
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations.
- Provide strategic advice to business and game teams about legal risks and compliance requirements.
- Collaborate with the Central and other Regional Legal teams to protect the interests of Riot and its players.
- Review content for legal issues and work with business partners to resolve any potential concerns.
- Create and improve processes and guidelines for Rioters in areas such as Legal, Purchasing, and Compliance
Procurement compliance, keep up to date all the contracts, general vendor documentation, manage and update the Local and Central procurement systems.
- Law degree from a top educational institution
- 5+ years experience as an attorney at a top tier, reputable law firm and/or company
- Ability to work independently and proactively with strong organizational and time-management skills in order to manage multiple projects at once
- Strong background and knowledge of corporate law.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Previous experience in process and workflows implementation and management.
- 100% Spanish and English proficiency
- 2+ years of experience assisting companies in Mexican Labor Law and Tax compliance.
- Experience working at or with an international video game publisher or similar international tech/software/entertainment company
- Experience in sourcing areas.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, with strong business partnership experience and proven abilities to execute work with high levels of accuracy and detail.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.