UX Designer III - Player Platform
Job Id: REQ-0003180
As a Lead User Experience Designer in our Player Platform group you’ll work closely with initiative leadership to set the design strategy and own design delivery in a high-scope product area that is complex and ambiguous. The spaces will generally encompass multiple features, often spanning across channels and teams.
You will apply design thinking and take a broad approach to ensure experiential continuity across platforms and touch points. In this role reporting to the UX Director for all Platform Player Experiences, you’ll work from concept through development and collaborate with other UX designers, visual designers, product owners, and technologists to achieve your goals.
- Lead UX design across multiple work-streams, focusing on the interaction design and player flows for these areas
- Break down experiences thoughtfully for teams to be able to ship value incrementally (i.e., Minimum delightful experiences)
- Clearly present and communicate design ideas, vision, and strategy through visual storytelling.
- Accurately plan and estimate design work for medium to large projects.
- Collaborate across teams and channels to design large-scale products for players
- Leverage data and insights to inform and evaluate design concepts throughout the product development process
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of player needs, motivations and behaviors
- Provide appropriate level of design artifacts for the team (e.g., Strategy articulation, journey maps, flows, wireframes, mockups and/or prototypes)
- Work with Design discipline leadership across the company to establish best-practices and quality standards, and champion user-centered design methodologies
- 5+ years experience designing digital experiences, products, and platforms as a User Experience Designer, Information Architect, or Interaction Designer
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Sketch or other industry design and prototyping tools
- A professional portfolio with examples of your past work.
- A minimum of a BA/ BS degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction/ Interface Design, Communication Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent experience
- Broad or secondary UX skills outside your core specialty: interaction design, content strategy, user research, information architecture, visual design, ui animation etc.
- 7+ years experience designing digital experiences, products, and platforms as a User Experience Designer, Information Architect, or Interaction Designer
- Games or Entertainment industry experience
- Experience working on large-scale Commerce platform
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.