Sr. Manager, Player Support (APAC)
Job Id: REQ-0003208
At Riot, we aspire to be the most player-focused game company in the world, and our Player Support's top priority is to ensure that players around the world can continue to enjoy our games freely.
Riot Games is looking for an accomplished Customer Service leader with a history of collaborating across cross disciplined teams to manage multiple vendors and teams in the region and bring about a high level of service for our players in the Asia Pacific region. This position requires physically working in our Singapore office.
Reporting to the Head of Global Player Support (GPS), you will be responsible for building, and growing a cross functional team responsible for bringing Riot’s legendary player support directly to our players. You will leverage your honed craft expertise, strong communication skills, and change management expertise to lead major Customer Support initiatives, helping project leaders and local team members to successfully achieve their objectives.
- Lead player support delivery and publishing support functions for APAC.
- Serve as a core member of GPS Leadership team, engaged in global strategic and operational planning.
- Establish and drive execution for Player Support in your region, including defining long-term objectives, building methods to measure success, and setting targets for key metrics with a focus on improving player experience & publishing support in the region.
- Provide key stakeholder management and subject matter expertise on player support strategies and processes when representing the department to regional or publishing leads.
- Improve scalability of support activities & service publishing support needs through proactive vendor strategy.
- Collaborate with Global Player Support teams to evaluate and design new offerings and features or improve existing ones with serviceability in mind.
- Driving team alignment and delivery against key SLA’s and customer commitments.
- Track, communicate, and act on in-depth Player Support related KPI’s or trends and ensure stakeholder alignment both internally and externally.
- Contribute to the development and drive implementation of global operating standards to build consistency, vendor interoperability, and emphasis on quality into Player Support delivery.
- Manage and coach a team of craft experts that defines and executes on how we provide support to players and regional publishing teams. This includes all aspects of performance management, hiring, and team development.
- 8+ years of recent experience successfully managing, growing, and scaling a global customer support program with 24x7x365 availability.
- 3+ years experience leading teams of teams in support operations, community management, or partner management roles.
- Experience defining strategic objectives and leading teams of teams to deliver on those objectives while meeting SLA obligations
- Experience with and knowledge of customer support principles, methodologies, and tools.
- Ability to develop a measurable and targeted plan, including communications, sponsor plan, partner management, learning, and adoption plan.
- English professional proficiency.
- 3+ years of experience supporting players or leading teams in the Asia Pacific region.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or change management certifications are a plus.
- Additional languages are a plus.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!