Staff Information Systems Engineer (Jira) - Information Technology, IT Work Systems
Job Id: REQ-0003212
IT System Engineers have deep knowledge in specific areas of expertise and strive to provide extraordinary standards of service for Riot’s operations. A lot more goes on behind the scenes at Riot than the work of game developers alone; we aggressively support teams across the company to foster robust process and technical capabilities which accelerate delivery of world-class player experiences. We relish the opportunity to work with new product teams and tech stacks, and explore new solutions to improve the Riot digital workplace and surprise and delight our players.
As an Staff Information Systems Engineer for Jira, you will report to a Manager, Information Technology in Los Angeles, California. You will join a multi-functional team collaborating to administer and support numerous Communications, Knowledge, and Work Management Tools at Riot Games. You will be responsible for researching, crafting, and articulating a technical direction, technical vision, and technical strategy for Jira at Riot Games and also realize this vision and strategy. Your role will be to administer the Jira ecosystem on a daily basis while evolving this ecosystem over time to help Rioters use the full potential of Jira through Apps, Integrations and Self-Service. You will achieve this by working with experienced and passionate teammates, as well as our trusted partners inside and outside Riot Games.
As Riot Games expands the creative expressions of its worlds, you will work with leaders in every studio at Riot Games, including unreleased projects and non-gaming ventures. You will support a complex ecosystem of geographically distributed teams and processes with one goal in mind: empower these teams to focus on doing their best work and have an amazing experience in Jira.
- Administer, configure and support a Jira environment with close to 6,000 users, over a million issues, 500 projects and 800 custom fields. You will focus on the application side of Jira (as opposed to the server)
- Onboard new teams to Jira by creating configurations and workflows that make it easier from them to track their work and enhance cross-team collaboration
- Identify and implement automations that enforce complex business rules and reduce support overhead
- Manage and review the work that needs to be completed by team members and 3rd party vendors
- Accountable for the technical quality of all Jira work products
- Participate in on-call rotation and resolve production incidents
- Configure integrations and security, solve access and permissions issues
- Work with teams across the company to enhance understanding of Riot Games' Jira ecosystem and promote adoption of standard methodologies
- Author and maintain operational process documentation, runbooks, technical designs and shared standards
- 8+ years experience in work management or related fields
- Expert proficiency with Atlassian Jira Software and its most popular add-ons (Automation, eazyBI, ScriptRunner, Structure)
- Advanced proficiency with the ScriptRunner for Jira App and the Groovy language
- Advanced proficiency in SaaS work management tools such as Airtable and Trello (or equivalent)
- Experience leading and delivering numerous Jira Upgrades
- Experience leading and driving large multi-person technical efforts from creation to outcomes, including hybrid teams composed of full-time employees and 3rd party vendors
- Experience mentoring individuals in their craft or discipline, and growing them into seniority
- Proficiency in Agile methodologies and frameworks such as Scrum and Kanban
- Excellent remote working skills: you excel in a hybrid work environment and are very comfortable with asynchronous communication.
- Excellent English language skills: you are comfortable presenting to large audiences and excel at writing in-depth application how-tos, documenting processes, and producing user-facing documentation
- Advanced proficiency with Confluence
- Proficiency with Jira DataCenter Hosting
- Experience implementing multi-tool workflows
- Experience migrating Jira from on-premise to the Cloud
- Experience in Portfolio Management, Capacity Management and Project Management
- Experience in Agile frameworks such as SAFe and LeSS (or equivalent)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.