Senior Analyst, Strategic Advisory
Job Id: REQ-0000873
Established in 2020, the Singapore Studio is Riot’s second international game development studio. Working together with our Hong Kong Studio, Riot has been expanding our footprint in Asia and accelerating our talent growth to develop games that deliver great experiences to our players. Our mission is to “scale Riot’s games to hyper-serve players.”
We partner with our LA headquarters on game development for League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, and Legends of Runeterra. We’re also building teams for VALORANT and Project L, our take on a fighting game. The Singapore Studio is seeking talented, passionate Rioters with backgrounds in all areas of game development to build games that make it better to be a player.
We’re focused on working together to promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity, so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games.
That’s where you come in.
The Strategic Advisory department empowers Rioters' decision-making to be more data-informed. We're an interdisciplinary group of scientists, consultants, and strategists from all sorts of backgrounds who join together to represent and advocate for players around the world. We believe that illuminating the globally diverse experiences, behaviors, and needs of players is essential to Riot living up to our player-focused mission. We're a group united by our love of games, science, and helping others succeed.
As a Senior Strategic Advisory Analyst, you will partner with rioters across different products, you will build KPI reports to be presented to senior leaders, analyze massive amounts of data to shape product strategy, and conduct product level deep-dives to better understand performance and potential of the product.
- Partner with product leads to create insights and frameworks that’ll inform the strategic direction of the product
- Collect and analyze complex data to more deeply understand our audience and their behaviors
- Ensure we understand players from all over the world and the global picture of game health across regions
- Design experiments and provide strategic insights to test teams’ assumptions and inform their actions
- Share your results with other Rioters in clear, illustrative presentations and dashboards
- 4+ years experience in data analytics, business strategy, management consulting, or related fields
- 3+ years experience in analyzing large data sets and visualizing complex information
- Experience breaking down complex problems and problem spaces using multiple business or product frameworks and creating solutions for our players and our business
- Experience communicating recommendations to leadership/partners and senior stakeholders
- Proficiency in working with large data, can maintain complex spreadsheets, and experience with Tableau or similar data visualization software
- Familiarity and knowledge of scientific method - developing and testing hypotheses, and reporting on outcomes are important functions
- Advanced degrees in Management, Economics, Behavioral Economics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Management Information Systems, a related discipline, or comparable work experiences
- Knowledge in Python or other scripting languages
- Experience, knowledge, or willingness to learn qualitative user research (surveys, focus groups, ethnographic research)
- Experience working in game analytics, including areas around gameplay, monetization, and progression systems
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.