Senior Manager, Marketing Creative Direction
Job Id: REQ-0001695
Creative Leadership at Riot transforms strategic objectives into creative experiences that inform, inspire and surpass player expectations. Creative Directors work closely with Product Partners, Brand Managers, Copywriters, Artists, and Producers, to support and inspire teams, solve creative problems, and deliver breakthrough ideas.
As the Marketing Creative Director, Riot Brand and XP, you'll report to Global Marketing’s Senior Director of Creative. You will lead the development and manifestation of a creative brand vision that defines Riot - why we exist, what we aspire to deliver, and how we see our relationship with millions of players around the world. You’ll also help shape how brand, product and IP driven moments manifest across the Riot ecosystem in partnership with Riot’s cross-Riot experiences team (XP).
You'll be a trusted strategic partner to Riot brand and XP leaders - playing a key role in strategic planning, owning the creation of breakthrough output, and driving process for the teams that make it happen. You’ll collaborate with stakeholders, (internal and external) creative teams and production partners to make ideas contagious, blend brilliant marketing into great player experiences, and have a measurable impact on advancing game culture.
- Develop a creative point-of-view and persona for the Riot Games brand.
- Translate briefs into creative concepts that deliver on Riot brand objectives or cross-Riot product objectives.
- Oversee the evolution and implementation of Riot’s brand identity and guidelines.
- Drive cross-team ideation and execution for cross-product Riot brand campaigns or cross-Riot experiences.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams (writers, producers, editors, directors, illustrators, animators, designers, composers) to deliver breakthrough output.
- Work with producers to meet deadlines, deliver feedback and provide direction to vendors and internal teams.
- Partner with regional counterparts and channel managers around the world to bring the Riot brand to life with global relevance and local resonance.
- Develop and present creative concepts to senior leaders and other stakeholders.
- Guide and mentor Associate Creative Leads - managing the creative consistency and team quality bar while also pitching in with individual contributor work.
- 8+ years experience at an advertising agency, creative media company, or client-side with a focus on narrative marketing campaigns that build fan love and drive engagement. Experience concepting across a variety of mediums and then helping find the right creative partners to bring that vision to life.
- Experience driving creative program vision across mediums and products.
- Experience conceptualizing ideas in concise, clear and creative ways that stay on brand while remaining authentic to users/players.
- Experience crafting creative strategies that achieve product and brand objectives.
- Experience working on entertainment properties or gaming brands.
- Experience with graphic design, animation, copywriting, and/or video editing.
- Experience working with briefs and stakeholders to create breakthrough ideas that were catered to the gaming and/or entertainment communities.
- Understanding, or deep curiosity, of what gaming competitors and top entertainment companies are doing in digital advertising and narrative storytelling to drive acquisition, fandom, and engagement.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).