Staff Software Engineer, Production Engineering - Legends of Runeterra
Job Id: REQ-0002024
Riot Engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work in many of broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You’ll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Staff Software Engineer on Legends of Runeterra's Shared Tools, Automation, and Build team, you'll build creative/fresh solutions to empower artists, engineers, and designers. In this role, you will report to our Engineering Manager.
- Involved in a broad range of technology challenges, such as mobile development, build and test automation, and workflow tooling, each of which is an essential component in delivering positive player value.
- Explore solutions that make players excited to experience our game.
- Work elbow-to-elbow with members of other disciplines (like Art, Game Design, SRE) to build a whole experience.
- Remove inefficiencies and create well-oiled machines whenever you can.
- Work between optimization, break/fix, and development and understand the need for rapid re-prioritization.
- Seek input, feedback and ask a lot of questions whenever you can.
- 5+ years professional experience in either Game Development, Content Tools and Pipelines, Cross Platform Development
- Experience breaking down and leading execution of multi-month work efforts in scope collaborating with team leadership. This includes collaboration with diverse teams and other teams of engineers.
- Experience working with customers to identify, adapt, document, and implement software requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience with scripting languages (python, bash, ruby, Node.js)
- 3+ years experience with compiled object-oriented languages (C++, Java, C#)
- Value and have implemented automated unit and integration tests for your software
- Proficient with Agile/Scrum and understand its value to work processes
- Experience with GIT or similar source control systems
- Experience with AWS or other cloud-infrastructure
- Experience working with non-engineering disciplines (Art, Design, Audio, UI/UX)
- Experience designing and implementing build pipelines (Jenkins, CircleCI, TravisCI, etc)
- Familiarity with the Unity compiler
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).