Senior Software Engineer (Around Game) - Wild Rift, Events
Job Id: REQ-0002440
Riot Software Engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work on multiple broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll work with a diverse team to create high-quality maintainable software and solve complex technical challenges to provide player value in a sustainable way.
As a Senior Software Engineer for League of Legends: Wild Rift's Events team (for more info on Wild Rift click here!), you will report to the team's Engineering Manager. You will work with the Technical Lead to architect a framework for rendering events within the Wild Rift client. You lead the implementation directly and through code review.
- Partner with the Tech Lead to set technical direction, design, standards, and implementation
- Establish a close working relationship with our external partners in developing features
- Lead daily development through hands-on coding and code reviewing
- Lead the collaboration and alignment with multiple teams
- Support live operations teams in triaging live issues
- 5+ years of experience in Software Engineering
- Experience building client/server UI architectures
- Expertise with C/C++, C# or Java
- Experience working on a SaaS live product
- Experience with Unity and mobile device games
- Experience working on a SaaS game and the journey from production to ship
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).